Skip to main content

Hide and Seek

Ok, so as much as I am trying to be patient with the fact that my dream job is playing hide-and-seek, it's not easy. I have closed my eyes and counted to 10 at least a hundred times. Each day I have done my best to send my resume out so I am hoping that the calls for interviews will come flooding in any day now.

With my free time I have enjoyed reading some of the books I have had to put on hold while I was in school. One of my favorites so far is, "Eat, Pray, Love." It is a woman's account of her personal spiritual journey. She spent over a month in Italy-yes, I covet that. Check it out if you have time. It's well worth it.

Thanks to those of you who have been checking out my blog. With my wealth of free time I will continue to update, for soon enough I will be back to grind and have little time for it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!