Skip to main content

64 days...But who's counting?!

So, it has been 64 days since graduation....and I am still on the hunt for a job. I carry on in faith and have been amazed at the Lord's blessings. Friends tell me on a daily basis how they are praying for me and hoping that I find what I am looking for. It's wonderfully humbling to think that there are others petitioning the Lord on my behalf. Thanks, guys!

I know that something will come. I have a few months left in the timetable I have set for myself. I am just hoping my timetable matches what the Lord has planned. Thank you for checking out my blog, and for your thoughts, prayers and good vibes. I need them and I am doing my best to put them to good use. I apply to jobs and network every day...hopefully our economy will pick up soon I can fulfill my dream of being a rock star social worker.

Comments

  1. I love your spirit and positive attitude. No doubt the Lord has something in store for you and I am sure He is preparing you for it.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please do the same for me as I go for more schooling (in a few days).
    By the way, I love the pics you put with your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!