Skip to main content

A Time to Rest

Last week I was really sick. One of the little guys I watch was kind enough to share his strep throat with me...awww, how sweet! Anyhow, I guess it was nice that I did not have a 9 to 5 to go to....I was blessed with time to rest.

So, I saw this picture somewhere and I felt like it exemplified my life as of late. I feel like the whole world is laid out in front of me- mine for the taking. Unfortunately, I have yet to find the dream job. Of course I am still earning money and keeping busy...but I am not able to use the skills I paid so dearly to learn at Columbia.

You know me, I carry on with hope and faith. Today is a bit tougher than others though. I think that means I am close to blessings. It's always darkest before the dawn. If you know someone who is looking for a passionate and driven social worker, one who loves children and wants to make a difference, let me know. I am feeling much better today...wohoo! Keep sending me your prayers and positive vibes....I will put them to good use.

Sending you love from nyc......xoxo.

Comments

  1. I'll keep my eyes/ears open for you Zaneta. Something will work out for sure... but that doesn't make the waiting easier does it? :) I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it has been hard lately...I will be thinking about you. I know you will find something. You are too amazing not to! xoxo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!