Skip to main content

Trial of faith

So by now you know that I have accepted a job offer with NY Foundling. And, yes, I am still so excited. Now I am waiting for them to process the preliminary background check. And waiting...and waiting. Truth be told it has only been 5 days since the offer and HR said it takes at least a week to conduct.....but, I'm so excited to get back to work it is hard to wait! Plus, I'm wondering what my previous employers are going to say about me......hmmmm. If you're reading this Judy, tell them I rock! You too, Xoch!

Anyhow, I realize I am still in a trial of my faith. Granted, I can see the light so clearly at the end of the tunnel. So clearly that I know it is a way out and not just a train barreling towards me...so that's good news. But, trials are hard of course. So, today, I'm struggling a bit. I have to remember that I am in the Lord's hands and that He is mindful of me. Just like the pic of the swan and her babies, I am in His constant care. Ahh....ok, I feel a little better.

Comments

  1. Thanks for checking out Watch Greg Run! Congrats on the job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!