Skip to main content

Homesick...


I was really homesick last week. Really homesick. My special friend, Maddie said I should go home....so did everyone else that loves me here in nyc. Thankfully I have two amazing parentals ;). I told them how homesick I was and they said, "...then come home." So I did.

Ahhh, home. It is the one place I can go that I can count on getting a standing ovation. Everyone needs a standing ovation now and again. Family and friends that love me and get me....nothing beats it! Spent time with mom and dad and a few choice friends. I wish I had time for everyone...but we all know that is never possible.
Daddie and I went out to eat and had a movie day...so nice! My mama and I spent wonderful time visiting and shopping. We all know that there is no time for picture taking when a sale is going on though.
I even got the chance to go to the beach. Oh, how I love the beach. It's the B-E-S-T, best! Thanks, Jodi for surprising me with a lovely trip to Bolsa Chica.
My last picture of summer in my California.....oh, surfers, I love you ;). A good time was had by all....especially me. And when I came back to the city, I was well rested and ready to start the j-o-b. Just couple of weeks left....then I am back to the grind....yippie! Thanks, Maddie and Julie for encouraging me to get the heck out of the city...then welcoming me back...you are the best!

Comments

  1. woo hoo for going home to cali?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I miss my family in CA now too! I have gotten to see them a lot this year, so I can't complain TOO much! But I really want to go now especially to see my new little nephew! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i could have met you in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!