Skip to main content

One more thing.....

So, I was in Court the other day and the Attorney I was working with had on the most beautiful Christian Louboutin shoes. They were magnificent. Did I covet? Oh, yeah! Do I wish I made more at my new job?? Umm, yes. Is it so bad to want to make lots of money so I can buy nice things?! lol. Social work is great but, well, I'm not making millions anytime soon. lol.

Those that know me are aware that I intend to go back to school. Law school or Ph. D. in Psychology have my heart. There is so much I can do with both of them and my time and studies at Columbia will contribute greatly to both. I've just been too tired to consider going back anytime soon....but when I saw the shoes....I got some pep in my step....hahaha.

Check 'em out girls. You'll understand.






Comments

  1. You will get there someday - sooner than you think... Just remember when you are up high there - don't crush on the small people.. :-) I know you won't - you are way too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just drool with you? Do you think the DI in Hollywood has some? LOL~ They are just BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!