Skip to main content

Endings and Beginnings

Just a few updates on how I said goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011. Wow! 2011!!! Crazy!

Julie took me for a surprise adventure for my Christmas gift. We rode the train out to Milburn, New Jersey....I had no idea why. Turns out she was taking me to see Les Miserables. It was incredible!!! I have the best roommate!






I had the chance to go home for Christmas and although my California really let me down by raining the whole time, I still had fun with family. One on my friends from Mongolia just happened to be in town when I was there.....I got to meet her wonderful son Christopher and her husband Keith. Chimge and I haven't seen each other for nearly 10 years when we were missionaries together. It was wonderful to visit!



Then for New Years Eve, David came up from DC. It's tradition now to ring in the New Year in Times Square. It's such a blessing that the crowds line up right by my apartment. We only have to run out in the cold 15 minutes before the ball drops and join the fun. No 6 hours waiting in a corral for this bunch. No sir! We had a blast and it was wonderful to ring in the New Year with one of my closest friends. Yay for David!



On New Years day, David and I went to trapeze school. Yep. That's right! This chick who is terrified of heights tried the flying trapeze. So grateful that my roommate came with us to support me and to document what could have been my last day on earth :) It really was incredible. They didn't ask me to join the circus but I still had fun!

Comments

  1. Looks like lots of fun! Did you know that I'm from Maplewood, which is the town right next to Millburn? You passed through it on the train. I can walk to the Papermill Playhouse from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally - good to see you have updated your blog. I know you are busy woman, but I always enjoy reading the updates and knowing my friend is doing well and having fun. I did LOVE seeing you and meeting your parents. Let us not wait another 10 years before we see each other again. Loves, Chimge...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!