Skip to main content

A Month is Rarely Just a Month



So today marks one month since I moved to DC from my beloved NYC. I've progressed a lot, smiled a lot, and dare I say, even cried a lot. Friendships have been tried and tested, new friendships have blossomed, and acquaintances have been made. All of the makings of a good time, right? But here I sit, one month into the three months I alloted myself to get on my feet, and I have just accepted an offer of employment. Taking the leap of faith was difficult, but my friends, it has paid off! This new opportunity is a definite jump for my career and is replete with growth potential. I am so excited to take on social work in DC and rock it out! Woot!

I know that as we lean on what we know to be right and take those leaps of faith, we will be rewarded. Much of the difficulties in this transition have been in areas I never expected. But as I tried to focus on the good around me, I saw beauties that I never expected as well. Here's to new friends and tried and true friends! I have love all around! I am starting to believe that this too may actually become my home sweet home. And, that if I am ever called away, I may struggle to say goodbye.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!