Skip to main content

Making Wishes

I can't believe it has been a year since I last wrote. Life can get in the way of doing things we love if we let it. By way of quick update, I was all scheduled for what should be the last of my post breast cancer surgeries and I slipped and fell at the office, shattering my patella. What a way to start the year. I have learned to walk again, healed pretty well, and then finally had my last surgery on August 4. That's where the wish comes in. Friends, this is my 10th, yep, 10th surgery in 3 years. All of my time in DC has been peppered with health concerns and surgeries. I've been so focused on getting through it all and enduring it well. It has been a whirl wind! I feel the clouds are beginning to part and the winds are in my favor so I am going with it. Feels good to be on the other side of the storm. I have learned that this does not mean that new storms aren't ahead, but I am learning to enjoy the reprieve. :)

Comments

  1. 10 surgeries in 3 years? omg you poor girl, well let's hope this is the last one finally and that your recovery goes really quickly and really well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

I got a J-O-B

Sunshine all around, folks. I got a J-O-B! Yesterday I accepted an offer from NY Foundling, a large social service agency in New York City. I will be in their foster care division in Brooklyn doing case management, court advocacy, investigations and parent/foster care family work. I am very excited! The agency is solid and the position will allow me to use my skills and grow as a professional. So, you guessed it, I am a real live social worker! Finally! Thank you to all of you who cheered for me, prayed for me, and kept me on track when I got discouraged. We did it!

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...