Skip to main content

Let it rain...

I was reading something in my new book that really got me thinking. Got me thinking about the trials I am facing and this difficult transition....

"Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing and you were in the best possible place in the world for it-in a beautiful place of worship, surrounded by grace. Take this time, every minute of it. Let things work themselves out..."

I was on the road that led to my Master's degree for 7 years. I worked full-time, so for many years I could only take a few credits at school. 7 years is a long time to work towards a goal. It was all consuming at times. I loved striving to get the best grades possible and learn all that I could....now I am left with a fancy frame and an Ivy League degree on the wall....but what else? What now?

I think the words in my book have been an impetus for me. I am seeing that this time I have had off has helped me to grieve and to transition. I am seeing it all as a blessing in disguise. I am appreciating the long journey and the fact that this leg of it came to a close. I had set my sights high and reached for the stars and it paid off.

Now I am setting new goals...making new plans, and reaching for the stars once more. I know that as I continue to work hard, my dream job will come. God knows when to send the rain...how it strengthens us for the road ahead. I know the clouds will be parting soon and I will run into the light of a new day. But until then, I give thanks and say, "Let it rain!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Some of the Journey

Here I am getting ready to go to a gala for my new job. This was about a week into November 2011. I had no idea the journey I was about to embark on. My wonderful friend Erin came down to visit me and spend some time. It was wonderful to have her here! We had no idea the news I would hear less then 2 weeks later. I decided to cut my long hair before chemo so that it would not be as traumatic losing my hair. It was still extremely difficult, but at least I know I will have a cute little pixie option when my hair returns. The first day of chemotherapy. I had intensive treatments, 4 months, every 2 weeks, for 5 hours each time. I always was trying to keep the smile and imagine the poison they were pumping right into my heart as being what could save me life. During my final day of chemotherapy. I had made it this far! Next leg of my journey would be radiation treatment. Here I am with my radiation team on the final day, August 22, 2012. I was with these l...