Skip to main content

Endless Possibilities

Spring has sprung here in nyc. The weather is unpredictable but it is wonderful. No more freeze your bootie off weather. Woot woot! And, the sunshine has returned. Winters are way too rough on this California girl. Way too rough!



But now the days are getting longer and the sun is getting brighter. Dare I say....the funk is beginning to subside. I'm spring cleaning, setting new goals, and actually getting back the energy it takes to achieve them. So for my other friends living in sunshine challenged states - we made it! And to those of you back in sunny California - you have no idea how lucky you are :) Well, maybe you do. Either way, let's all rejoice!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long hair...to be or not to be?

I am reaching out for your opinion. That's right, you! My hair has reached that awkward stage of the grow out...you know the one, girls. When it's not quite long, but not quite short. It's the time when most of us girls will just say, 'ah, forget it...I'm cutting it again.' So I thought I'd show pics of a really cute short cut, and kinda nice long one and ask what you think. This is a recent pic of me with my short hair. Cute, right? This is me not too long before I moved to New York. I think I will have bangs this time though..and more layers because my hair LOVES to curl in the New York humidity. So, take a second and let me know what you think. Should I keep it short, or let it grow out?

Yay for Juicing

Many of you know that I packed on about 25 pounds of pudge during my cancer treatment last year. It was so discouraging as I had already worked so hard to lose about 70 pounds. Stinkin' cancer. Not enough to threaten my life, gotta pack on the pudge too?! When I was home with my family over Christmas my Dear Friend told me about this movie on netflix, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I can't tell you how much the title resonated with me. The movie touts the benefits of juicing, (not to be confused with steroid use...haha), vegetable juicing. I figured it would be a good idea to try it. I had juiced veggies during chemotherapy at the suggestion of someone who beat Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer....but honestly, could not stomach the thought of it for awhile after chemo. Fast forward 2 months since I started my "Reboot" and I am down a glorious 25 pounds. First of all, I feel like I have found my secret weapon. Second of all, yes! 25 pounds! Woot woot! ...

Some of the Journey

Here I am getting ready to go to a gala for my new job. This was about a week into November 2011. I had no idea the journey I was about to embark on. My wonderful friend Erin came down to visit me and spend some time. It was wonderful to have her here! We had no idea the news I would hear less then 2 weeks later. I decided to cut my long hair before chemo so that it would not be as traumatic losing my hair. It was still extremely difficult, but at least I know I will have a cute little pixie option when my hair returns. The first day of chemotherapy. I had intensive treatments, 4 months, every 2 weeks, for 5 hours each time. I always was trying to keep the smile and imagine the poison they were pumping right into my heart as being what could save me life. During my final day of chemotherapy. I had made it this far! Next leg of my journey would be radiation treatment. Here I am with my radiation team on the final day, August 22, 2012. I was with these l...